What is incident reporting software?
Security incident reporting is a key feature of any security guard management software system. The customizable and automated features of these reports helps security teams develop sustainable long-term processes that identify security risks, weaknesses, and issues.
Because these reports are digital, guards can share data internally and with clients quickly and easily, opening up the lines of communication and keeping transparency at the core of security services. All of this works together to improve incident response times and streamline resource management.
The following features should be included in any comprehensive incident reporting software to enhance incident management:
- Incident Management Types - Create your own Incident and Incident Sub types, including respondents, event markers, entrance points and setup levels, and other incident management details.
- Incident Management Mobile App - Real-time access to incident details, including photo, video, and document uploads, document changes, and customized field and comment capabilities.
- Live Incident Map - Google Maps or GPS-powered venue maps include location information and real-time incident data.
Three benefits of utilizing incident reporting software
The benefits of incident reporting software extend beyond data management and organization. These innovative tools also create new opportunities for security guard growth and development. Here are the most impactful benefits of utilizing incident reporting software:
1. Streamline security guard processes and procedures
Incident reporting software enhances and improves security team efficiency through customized reports that can be quickly analyzed, helping teams improve long-term processes. Creating reports in real time also lessens the reporting burden on smaller security guard teams.
Incident reports can also highlight patterns or recurring issues. Security teams can learn from these reports and improve their processes, ensuring tighter security even with a smaller team. All this data helps property owners feel more confident in the security company they are partnering with.
2. Increase security workforce accountability
Software that has digital incident reporting capabilities will allow your guards to submit accurate and complete documentation and allow you to determine who is producing inaccurate reports. With quick access to this documentation, you will decrease the time it takes to address issues with your guards.
Digital incident reports also track every reaction and response to an adverse security event. By highlighting gaps and inaccuracies, digital reporting tools also double as training guides for current and future security guards. Having this level of accountability will enhance the effectiveness of your security team and increase client satisfaction.
The following features can further enhance workforce accountability through incident reporting:
- Digital Signature - Assigned staff can add their official signature on incident, summary, and other custom reports using a mobile device.
3. Develop a proactive security team
Security teams have traditionally been more reactive when it comes to security responses. This happened for several reasons, one of which was the lack of digital tools to help them to create and manage incident reports.
But security management software helps you evolve your incident reporting processes, making security teams much more proactive.
- Utilizing digital incident reporting lowers risks and helps teams anticipate dangerous situations.
- Customizable communication tools can automatically connect to dispatch during incidents, while digital reporting eliminates the need for tangible reports.
- Digital incident reporting allows security guards to design efficient tours efficiently, even at the last minute.
- Incident reporting tools, like live dashboards, GPS, and visitor management with check-in kiosks, provide a comprehensive view of all areas in a facility or venue, allowing security guards to stay ahead of any issues before they occur. Teams can quickly identify high-risk areas and dispatch guards far more quickly than they would on their own.
- Digital incident reports will also highlight patterns or recurring issues, helping teams create proactive plans that are adaptable for any client.
How does incident reporting software reduce challenges for security teams?
Security teams need high-tech digital tools that will give them an edge during their guard tours. Security management software is a key way to not only improve internal processes; it can also solve some of the biggest challenges facing security guard teams. Here are a few ways incident reporting software solves those challenges:
- Increase incident response times. Real-time reporting eliminates any response lags through lightning-fast response. Live dashboards provide quick communication tools, automatic connections to dispatch, and 24/7 surveillance.
- Improve security guard communication. The communication tools in digital incident reporting ensures security guards can get where they need to be quickly. Dispatch is automatically contacted, reports are quickly run, and visual proof is gathered from surveillance.
- Eliminate messy paper reports. Incident reporting software easily stores and manages all reports in an easy-to-access central command center. It also allows easy access to previous reports, making it easy to develop proactive strategies for guard tours and training alike. From scheduling, to guard tours, to visitor management, a security operations software system makes administrative tasks and reporting as simple as clicking a mouse.
- Create proactive, strategic security teams. The targeted response capabilities in security operations software make security teams more proactive than ever before. With software, security teams are constantly taking lessons from their responses for each incident, turning this digital tool into a fantastic training platform. Additional features like live dashboards, customizable widgets, visitor management with check-in kiosks, and HR commander adds even more value.
- Customize reporting templates. As any security guard knows, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to security management. Incident reporting software allows you to customize reports to fit the event, property, venue, and capabilities of your security team, saving both time and resources in reporting.
- Improve reporting and follow-up procedures. Incident reporting not only streamlines security responses. It also makes incident follow-up processes just as seamless. This software feature creates a record of previous issues so teams know what follow-up response is needed per issue. This makes incident reporting a major time-saver and priceless training tool.
What is the difference between incident reporting and daily activity reporting?
Daily activity reports are different from incident reports. Daily reports detail the routine, less serious events of the workday. Sometimes, daily activity reports do include incidents. But security breaches need their own tailored incidents reports to catch all the pertinent details. Examples of the issues that need to be included in an incident report include:
- Safety breaches
- Unplanned visitors or tours
- Compromised entry or exit points
Each issue should include timestamps, shift details, and a step-by-step description of activities leading up to the reported incident. Security software systems, with live dashboards and easy-to-use widgets, make inputting these details a breeze.
On the other hand, daily activity reports require less details about specific incidents, as they are more focused on the overall guard tour. Either way, the details in these reports minimize litigation risk and prove that processes were being followed. This helps protect security teams and their clients from being involved in messy legal proceedings.
4 Security guard management software features to work alongside your incident reporting software
Incident reporting software is a key way to improve security team reporting processes. But it is only one of the many innovative modules available in a comprehensive security guard management system.
- Live security dashboards that enable real-time incident tracking and reporting. Increased surveillance means faster response times. With live security dashboards, teams can lower risks and eradicate issues in a fraction of the time. Dashboards provide real-time reporting that not only allow guards to get where they need to be as soon as possible, but also gives clients a first-hand account of what happened.
- Cloud access to eliminate location hassles for your security team. This software feature allows you to log into the software anywhere, from any device, allowing all guards to have access to incident information at all times.
- Guard tour management to increase accountability and manage last-minute tours. Utilize GPS and QR technology to improve patrol route location accuracy. Tour confirmation software also creates multiple post orders by location, with immediate or daily reporting based on your choice.
- Mobile app access for convenient incident reporting. This means security guards have real-time access to incident details no matter where they are. Security guards can input images, photos, from any post or checkpoint. This promotes transparency for both security guards and customers. All the information is available in the mobile app as it happens, lowering the potential for misinformation.
“One of the greatest things about CSA360 is just how simple it is for officers to use, and it works in real time. Our staff have found it a great step up and are really engaging with the technology. And, the customer service support is second to none!”
Ronald Terry - Director of training